Nov 19, 2008

progress

driving into town...
ivy hung down freeway barricades...
like my mother's hair hung down her back...
trucks rip through autumn leaves on back country roads, like i want to rip through life...
"this was her birthright," i thought...
not her home...
as i'm quite sure my home...is somewhere i have yet to discover...
the trees sheet the mountains to remind me of the past, and how much is left for me to find...
the wool is still over my eyes, but it...is so warm there.
small treasures and pleasures and only pausing to smile because this...was all...on the same planet...in the same country...one state away...
the family i have here...will teach me...in the best ways possible...and with sensitivity...how to be a man...they will teach me how to hunt and gather...how to fix a car...the right way to cut firewood...how to build a fire, and what time of year is best...
but it will be the woman in me that still knows when's best to burn...
there's something comforting about being this hot and not being on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment