Nov 11, 2009

timber.

There was something about his eyes.
They way they stared so deep into me I felt as though I were drowning on the nature of his ocean.
He re-wrote my symphony and made it his own.
Messed with the measures, tinkered with the beats.
My god, how my heart paused!
He’s the unsung hero of all my hopes and dreams.
Taking me to those backwards places in my slumber.
He’s the fool that keeps on coming.
I shudder to think.
That he’s leaving soon.
That, I too, must do the unthinkable.
And stay.
But this is all I’ve ever wanted, and he…was just the icing on the cake.
I shall savor every moment with, every moment without.

Absent mindedly, I brush off the words “I love you, forest princess”.
Truly, my heart believes that I won’t speak those words…
Because this soon means, that I feel it more than I can let on with speaking.

But what do I know?
I’m sick with buttered bread and fever dreams.
And he thinks the world of me.

I know what he wants to be when he grows up. And it sure doesn’t look good on paper.
But no one will ever love him like I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment