Aug 2, 2008

no longer in progress.

i'm eyeing each scar like a broken dream that i've been forced to live with...
i can feel each blemish as if it were only now being made...
i am losing so much ground with myself...
this collection is a reminder of memories of accidents and of accidents that served a purpose...
may we all be reminded of our excesses and our ineptitudes...
and may our lucky stars shine bright in us, on this, our darkest night...
because my heart doesn't feel so lucky these days...
and the debts i owe are becoming far too great for me to pay...
this laziness has rendered me more restless than i had imagined...
those honey bees are still carrying small bits of my breath to find a new home for me...
their flight is too slow...
the hive is still empty...
and i'm still sleeping half my day away because it's better than spending it alone...
while the world is away, working...
i'm making a fool of what i have left of myself...
and i'm selling the parts of myself that don't matter...
how does one look when they're trying desperately to not look desperate?
if only my words were worth their weight in gold...
how do we fend for ourselves without the proper weapons?
without a coat of armor, or someone to help you take the blows?

i'm filet mignon in a jelly jar full of piranhas...

but it seems, they're already full...

No comments:

Post a Comment