Aug 25, 2008

precisely

it's come to this...you and i and so many questions that i could use the answers to...
you see, i've waited patiently for an apology, when there was never really anything to be sorry for...
and now that i have it...i'm not sure what to do with it...
i feel like....
i wanna know your bones...each one by name...
i wanna forget how bad i hurt most days...and only remember each negative space surrounding your body, each tooth filling your smile, and every single decible of your laughter...
i'll be sitting here, working on the things i should have said...and pray...that you feel the same of me...
there is a great line that divides us.
whether time, or space, or something yet to be seen...i am not sure.
feeling empty has gotten a lot easier to swallow down...
but my face still tells no lies except to those who choose to be lied to...
freedom is choosing whose slave you want to be...
you've had me twice, and i wonder when you'll stop throwing me back, take the hook out of my mouth, and either cook me, or hang me on your wall...
because the current here is too strong...
or that i were the only clamshell you stopped to open, and you kept my pearl with you, always.
and because i know...what forever feels like when time is never on your side...
to finally identify...what it is you're running away from...is a love song in itself...
i'll never win a gold medal or an oscar or a grammy or even a barfight...how could i win your heart?
if i was a gamblin' man...i'd bet on my side to lose.
but all your bones are cheering for me.

and i can finally hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment